Backdoor 4.0 released!
September 10, 2009
It took 3 years to upgrade the system from 2.0 to 3.0. But we've
upgraded Backdoor to 4.0 in just 8 months with a slew of new
features and improvements!
This time we overhauled the back end code to all the forms for improved security and usability. A few of the notable upgrades include:
- Videos: now you can add YouTube videos into your site!
- Audio: upload MP3s to your site, perfect for
- Error handling: previously, if you had an error in your form, you had to hit the Back button and (possibly) start all over. Now you will be returned to the form, already filled out, with a descriptive message explaining the error.
- Help ticket system: send problems or requests for your Web site
or the Backdoor, check the status.
- E-mail: manage e-mail addresses and forwarder e-mail addresses, as well as set up vacation message autoreplies.
- And much more.
"Cleaning up the cut-and-paste process for updating content is MY favorite new feature," said Jim Huber, founder of Huberspace. "We found a way to strip out a lot of that crazy, unnecessary formatting that used to get copied over from Word or Web pages. Now that junk gets cleaned up automatically and saves you (and me) time."